Firefighters extinguish a blaze about 9 a.m. Wednesday at 25 Nash Lane in Estill Springs after resident Donald Gregory had burned yard debris and other items in a dilapidated above-ground swimming pool.
Authorities said Gregory may have gone beyond what burn permit procedures allow by including more than yard debris in the fire.
The melted siding on the adjacent building indicates how strong the fire had become with smoke visible from several miles away.
In addition to the Estill Springs Fire Department, personnel from Decherd assisted in extinguishing the fire.
—Staff Photo by Brian Justice