TEMA said the State of Emergency Operations in Nashville has activated a State of Emergency status as remnants of Tropical Storm Irma close in on Tennessee.
By the time the immediate area feels any affects from the storm, it will have weakened to a tropical depression.
The Tennessee State Fair held at the Fairgrounds Nashville announced it will be closed Monday night for pending inclement weather.
TIPS FROM TEMA:
- TEMA encourages everyone to be informed about their local forecast, check road information, and be ready if local authorities issue warnings or emergency actions in their area.
- Monitor local news and weather broadcasts for current weather and traffic information, and have multiple ways to receive weather info and warnings, such as NOAA weather radio.
- Tennesseans also can download any number of weather smartphone apps to get weather information, including watch and warning notifications direct to mobile devices.
- Do not drive or walk through high water – Turn Around, Don’t Drown.
- Do not attempt to move any downed power lines. Instead contact your local power company to report the damage or call 9-1-1 if it is an emergency situation.