Harris Chapel UMC

Harris Chapel United Methodist Church in Estill Springs recently celebrated more than 175 years of ministry with a variety of activities. The property was officially donated to the church from Thomas Farris in January 1847 and the church has seen an active congregation since then. In celebration, many in attendance wore costumes from the period. John Wesley preached, and the choir presented music long associated with the church. Commemorative artwork was donated by Dr. and Mrs. David Stockton and a catered lunch followed. A video presentation was displayed during the meal depicting scenes over the years, commemorating those who have passed away and saluting military personnel, past and present. The Unity Trio of Huntsville, Alabama, presented special music. Many thanks to all who made this day so special.