Hugh "Adam" Keckritz

Hugh "Adam" Keckritz

The suspect in Thursday afternoon's shooting at Northgate Mall in Tullahoma has been identified as 22-year old Hugh "Adam" Keckritz of Franklin County, according to law enforcement authorities.

A felony arrest warrant has been obtained for Keckritz, and area law enforcement officers are actively searching for him.

Keckritz should be considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached.

If anyone has information concerning Keckrtiz' whereabouts, they are asked to contact Investigator Johnny Gore at jgore@tullahomatn.gov or the Tullahoma Police Department at 931-455-0530.

Information can also be given to the Coffee County Sheriff's Department at 931-570-5619 or the Coffee County Communications Center at 931-455-3411.

According to Police Chief Jason Williams, a verbal altercation inside the Northgate Mall turned violent and Keckritz produced a gun and fired a shot, injuring one person.

Mall patrons were evacuated to their cars in the parking lot, according to one witness.

The injured individual was originally transported to Tennova Healthcare - Harton before being transported by helicopter to another hospital.

The alleged shooter fled the scene in a white sedan, according to Williams.

According to one witness inside Claire's, she saw the victim come running around the corner from the arcade claiming he had been shot.

At that time, all the interior shop owners closed and locked their gates for safety and waited until the coast was clear, she said.

When no one else followed the victim, the witness said two customers of Cali Nails salon came out to help the young man and applied pressure to his wound until police arrived.

She added the victim seemed responsive to the police officer who arrived within minutes of her calling 911.

According to the witness, more police arrived to tape off the scene and photograph it and collect evidence. Emergency Medical Service personnel soon arrived and transported the victim to an ambulance.

The inside section of the mall was sealed off while police conducted their investigation.

Other stores in the area with front-facing entrances, such as J.C. Penney, Burke's Outlet and Harbor Freight, were allowed to continue operating, according to mall management.

Once police concluded their investigation inside the mall and collected evidence, mall management closed that section of the building early.

One mall official said that they were calling a hazmat cleanup crew to take care of the scene.

They said it was possible the mall would reopen Friday morning, though they did not know at that time.

Shortly after the mall scene was cleared, multiple law enforcement agencies convened on an East Lincoln Street home.

Police officials said that they were following up on a lead about a person matching a "possible description" of the shooter.

TPD officials later confirmed the occupant of the East Lincoln Street home was a "person of interest" in the case and was taken to the TPD for questioning.