A 22-year-old Winchester man remains in Franklin County Jail on a $25,000 bond after being charged with stealing a Chevrolet C75 from a vehicle salvage yard and leaving the scene of an accident after the commercial truck overturned in front of The Oldham theater and damaged two vehicles.
Winchester police reports said Kevin L. Fallis of Winchester is charged with:
• Theft of a motor vehicle valued at between $10,000 and $60,000.
• Five counts of vandalism, including $1,000 or less, three counts between $2,500 to $10,000, and one count between $10,000 and $60,000.
• Two counts of leaving the scene of an accident.
• Failing to give immediate notice of an accident.
• Driving on a revoked or suspended license.
• Reckless driving.
• Failure to maintain or exercise due care.
• DUI while in a commercial vehicle.
• Reckless endangerment.
Police reports said the C75 truck is owned by Marlin Steele of Winchester and was located at Steele Salvage Yard, 504 Fourth Ave. S.W., in Winchester.
Fallis is charged with leaving the scene of an accident at the Dollar General store, 585 S. College St., where the truck is believed to have hit the building, reports said.
He is also charged with leaving the scene of an accident at The Oldham, on the Winchester Square, where the truck overturned at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday, reports said.
Reports said officers talked to several witnesses to find out what had happened since Fallis allegedly left the scene of the accident at The Oldham.
Reports said that, in addition to the two vehicles being damaged in front of The Oldham, a bench at the theater, valued at $4,000, was also damaged.
The reckless-endangerment charge stems from how the accident at The Oldham placed a bystanding employee there in harm’s way.
The damage to one of the vehicles at The Oldham is estimated at $8,000, and the damage to the other one there is also estimated at $8,000, reports said.
Steele estimated his losses for the truck to be $25,000.