Members of the North Middle School boys and girls track and field teams competed in their sectional meet Wednesday at Riverdale High School.
The top four finishers in each event at the meet earned berths to the Class AA Tennessee Middle School Athletic Association state championship meet with 10 athletes from North achieving that qualifying standard across six events.
As a team, the Gatorettes finished seventh out of 18 teams with 31 points for the meet. The Oakland girls track and field took first with 89.5 points.
On the boys side, the Gators finished ninth out of 20 teams with 23 points while Rockvale took the top spot with 63 team points.
Recording a first-place finish was:
- Loui Arellano, Dawson Sowers, Coastlon Ringer and Josiah Cruz, boys 4x100-meter relay, 48.88 seconds
Recording a second-place finish was:
- Gracen Baggett, girls 200-meter dash, 28.09 seconds
Recording third-place finishes were:
- Allyvia Money, Gracen Baggett, Lily Heath and Lakaiyah Barnes, girls 4x100-meter relay, 54.05 seconds
- Marisol Ibarra, girls discus throw, 75 feet, 6.5 inches
Recording fourth-place finishes were:
- Allyvia Money, girls long jump, 14 feet, 10 inches
- Chandler Kile, boys shot put, 38 feet, 2 inches
Other performances and placements for North athletes at the sectional meet included:
- Bella Kile, girls shot put, 29 feet, 6.5 inches, fifth
- Josiah Cruz, boys 100-meter dash, 12.19 seconds, fifth
- Allyvia Money, girls 100-meter dash, 13.87 seconds, seventh
- Coastlon Ringer, boys long jump, 16 feet, 11 inches, seventh
- Josh Davis-Brewer, boys discus throw, 93 feet, 8 inches, seventh
- Coastlon Ringer, boys 100-meter dash, 12.5 seconds, 10th
The Gators and Gatorettes will next compete on May 7 in the Central Tennessee Conference championship meet at the Raider Academy in Manchester. The meet is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.
The TMSAA state championship meet is scheduled to be held on May 22 at Austin Peay State University. The meet is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.