Members of the Franklin County High School boys and girls track and field teams competed in the McCallie Mid-South Track Classic at McCallie School Saturday.
The Rebels and Rebelettes did not have their full teams in competition due to the meet’s qualifying requirements, but they still came away with 18 top-15 finishes.
The total results for Franklin County included eight top-five finishes with Kara McDaniel and Gracie Morse both notching first-place finishes against tough competition.
The Rebelettes finished seventh in a field of 20 teams in the girls portion of the meet with 43 points. The top spot for the girls part of the meet was taken by Fort Payne with 80 points.
In the boys standings, the Rebels finished 16th out of 19 teams with seven points. The boys portion of the meet was won by the hosting team from McCallie with 145 points.
Recording first-place finishes were:
- Kara McDaniel, 800-meter run, 2:25.44
- Gracie Morse, 300-meter hurdles, 46.28 seconds
Recording a third-place finish was:
- Jeb Martin, 400-meter dash, 52.08 seconds
Recording fourth-place finishes were:
- Gracie Morse, 100-meter hurdles, 15.86 seconds
- Marissa Douglass, Jori-Lee Scott-Winton, Amelia Myers and Angela Tarrant, 4x100-meter relay, 52.61 seconds
Recording fifth-place finishes were:
- Kara McDaniel, 1,600-meter run, 5:36.21
- Jori-Lee Scott-Winton, Alyssa Hayworth, Gracie Morse and Kara McDaniel, 4x400-meter relay, 4:31.27
- Gracie Morse, high jump, 4 feet, 10 inches
Recording eight-place finishes were:
- Marissa Douglass, 100-meter dash, 13.10 seconds
- Nasir Scaife, high jump, 5 feet, 6 inches
Recording a ninth-place finish was:
- Chris Schultz, triple jump, 35 feet, 3.75 inches
Recording 10th-place finishes were:
- Angela Tarrant, 200-meter dash, 28.18 seconds
- Chris Schultz, 300-meter hurdles, 47 seconds
Recording an 11th-place finish was:
- Beizh Holloway, discus throw, 80 feet
Recording a 12th-place finish was:
- Jori-Lee Scott-Winton, 100-meter dash, 13.69 seconds
Recording 14th-place finishes were:
- Chloe Bradford, triple jump, 29 feet, 3.25 inches
- Conner Morgan, 110-meter hurdles, 19.49 seconds
- Conner Morgan, long jump, 17 feet, 4 inches
The Rebels and Rebelettes will next be in competition on April 23 in a meet at Ooltewah High School. The meet is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.